Friday, August 24, 2007

Roping in Some Halloween Cheer!

Yes I know it is a little early for a Halloween card, and to be honest with you all we don't celebrate it down here in Australia. Once in a blue moon we might get one or two kids knock on the door for trick or treat so I normally make sure there is something to hand over if this happens ..... but you could count on one hand how many trick or treaters we have had knock on our door in the past couple of years. The retail shops will keep trying to get it going, but I don't think it will ever happen!

For this card I combined two challenges on SCS. As some of you will know I am a hostess for the upcoming Virtual Stamp Night (VSN)which will be taking over at SCS on the 7th - 8th of September, the theme for the weekend is Jump into Fall! ...... it's gonna be a lot of fun! To get everyone in the mood for VSN the hostesses are running a number of pre VSN challenges .... there was one on Tuesday night which I missed due to other things happening ....... but I really did want to still make my card .... the challenge was "Jump Rope", we had to use rope, cord or twine on our card somewhere. The other challenge I used for this card is the Way's to Use it Challenge ...... the challenge this week was to make a halloween card ....... so of course seeing I have these owl stamps I just had to use them for this card.
With any VSN card you make you do have a time limit of 45 mins to create your card ...... so of course I kept this one fairly simple!

Recipe:
Stamps: Ollie's Treats & Happy Halloween - Stampendous; Rough Texture Wheel - Stampin' Up
Paper: White; Black; Orange; Pale Violet
Other: Black Ink; Old Paper Distress Ink; Only Orange SU Ink; Orange Eyelets; Rope;

6 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Great card and Halloween Owl

Lynn Put said...

This is so sweet, love the colors, layout and the owl of course!

A Creative Place said...

Frances,

I love Halloween - my kids and i celebrate every year and yes we do get dressed up and go Trick a Treating, most people in our street are fantastic and have something for them each year.

love your card as always - you amaze me with all of the cards you create

Kerrie

Rose Ann said...

Another darling card here! Love those new Stampendous stamps!

Libby Hickson said...

This is so adorable! And I'm looking forward to VSN - hope to play along if my son cooperates!

Corie said...

This is absolutely adorable!!!!