Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Say Charge!


Today's card is for this week's "learn a new technique" challenge on SCS ..... the technique used here is a viewmaster card .... you turn the wheel poking out of the left side of the card and the items in the thought bubble change. This was fun to make but you do need to concentrate when you are stamping your images on your wheel .... mine isn't perfect but it will do. I didn't want my card to be stark white so I have distressed it a little using tea dye distress ink.

You need to attach your wheel to your card using a brad so that the wheel can move around freely, I found these cut micro brads the other day while I was shopping so I decided to use one of those for this card as I thought that would be a little harder to see then a normal sized brad. I needed something in the top right corner of the card so had to use my photo corner punch didn't I ;) ...... I love that punch!


Here is a photo of what I put on my wheel ....... I have a feeling this girl will be doing a lot of spending ;) !

Recipe:
Stamps: Girl - Rubber Romance; Thought Bubble - Alias Smith & Rowe; Born to Shop - Stamp It (Aust); Credit Card - CC Rubber Stamps; Shoes & Say Charge - My Favorite Things; If shoe fits - Hampton Arts
Paper: Real Red - SU; Black; White
Other: Black Ink; Tea Dye Distress Ink; Photo Corner Punch; CM Circle Templates; Black Brads; White Micro Brad.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Frances, your artwork is amazing!

Pat's Paper Passion said...

Very interesting. Did it take you any longer than a normal card? I like the distressing with the black & white focus.

Good job.

Michele Kovack said...

What a great card! I love this idea...not sure I would have the talent or patience to do it...but you are awesome!

Dawn Easton said...

Wow! What an AWESOME ViewMaster Card! It took me over 2 hours to do mine and it didn't have HALF the details yours does! FABULOUS job!!

Debby Winters said...

I love your card...it's just too cute!

Denise said...

Oh my gosh Francis! This is amazing! I am going on line to get each of those stamps to duplicate this card! I just love it! Great Work!

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, the coloring and the items in your viewmaster, how perfect.

Anonymous said...

What a fun card! You did a great job coordinating everything and lining them up for the thought bubble.

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute!! I totally love it!

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Love the concept of the whole thing!! Rubber Romance stamps are so cute!