Saturday, August 25, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #16

Yes you guessed it, it's Saturday down here and time for another of Beate's Weekend Challenges. Ever since the US catty has been released I have been drooling over cards using the Bronco Buster & Wanted sets ..... well I finally gave in and had to order it myself and it arrived on Thursday ..... so of course I had to use it for this weeks challenge card.

I stamped the cowboy image onto vanilla card using chocolate chip ink and sponged the edges using creamy caramel. I added the paper piercing corners to the lower corners and the star brad to the top right corner .... I also sanded the brad a little to distress it.

The two circles I stamped the medallion onto the artichoke card using chocolate chip and then cut it out using my creative memories circle cutter and layered it to really rust and chocolate chip card. I should have done a little more distressing on some of the layers .... before I even thought about that the card was mostly put together so I didn't want to risk pulling it apart just to distress it ....... I will just have to remember to do this next time.

Recipe:
Stamps: Wanted & Bronc Buster - Stampin' Up
Papers: Outlaw Designer Series Paper - SU; Vanilla, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip & Always Artichoke - SU
Other: Chocolate Chip & Creamy Caramel SU Ink; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Creative Memories Circle Cutter; Copper Star Brad; Brown Brads; Distressing Tool; Foam Tape

11 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

What a gorgeous card! My daughter just got her Wanted & Bronc Buster sets today (along with the DP), so I'm sending her a link to your card. I know she'll like it too.

Alex said...

What a gorgeous card - you did a fantastic job on the sketch! I just love that stamp set and you really did it justice!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melissa said...

Dang me! This is awesome!

Jen said...

I love what you did with the sketch! What a great card. I have been holding off on getting this set, but I don't know...

Anonymous said...

Wohoo! Frances Played! You rocked the sketch....as always.
I love your card! Everything looks amazing together. The star accent is perfect!
Have a great weekend! Hugs!

Allison Rankin said...

Looks terrific!

Rose Ann said...

Oh Frances...I used the same set for Beate's sketch. Yours looks way better!! ;) Great job!

kathleenh said...

If a masculine card can be gorgeous, yours certainly is!

Jill said...

I love it!

Heather P. said...

This is FABULOUS!!!

mum-on-the-run said...

Great take on Beate's sketch!

Love your card :)