Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Snake in the Grass!

alota Rubber Stamps has recently released some cute animal stamps ........ mine arrived in the mail today so of course it is no big surprise that when the sketch challenge was posted on SCS I decided to use one of these stamps to create my card. I decided upon the snake as I felt it would be about the right size to fit in the centre diamond shape of the card.

So many people these days are coloring their animals blue ..... up until now this has been pretty hard for me to do ...... but look I did it!!!!!!!!! I also found this blue background paper in my stash that also had circles on it which I thought would work ok with the circles on the snake!

Recipe:
Stamps: Snake - alota Rubber Stamps
Paper: Certainly Celery & Barely Banana - SU; Aqua; White; Black; Atomic Turquoise DP - Sandylion
Other: Black Ink; Blue Brads; Foam Tape

6 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, that snake sure does pop, love the blue that you colored him and your shading of the leaves is fantastic.

Michelle said...

Oh, this is cute. I love that snake. Great colors!

Anonymous said...

This card is adorable! I would find it hard to color an animal blue, too. But this card is so darn cute - I love it! Cute image, wonderful DP, great layout and fantastic coloring! tfs

Melissa said...

Wow! You nailed this one! Excellent job!

michelle sturgeon said...

I commented on SCS, but just had to follow your blog link! I love blogs!
This snake is awesome! I love this whole card!

Anonymous said...

This card is simply adorable. The papers and the stamp go perfect together.