Saturday, August 11, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #14

Well it's the weekend again, so it is time for another of Beate's weekend sketch challenges. For this one I decided to use one of my Rubber Romance stamps ...... I don't think I have used this one before, so I thought it was about time I did.

I stamped the image onto my white card and also on to a piece of my DP and cut out the dress & bag and paper pieced it to the image. The edges of all my card layers have all been distressed using my distressing tool .... so easy! I need a piece of ribbon to match the cranberry crisp card so I colored my white grosgrain ribbon with one of my alcohol markers ...... I am sooo happy with how well it matches! I added some chocolate colored brads to to top section of the card .... boy is this color hard to get ..... I have been looking all over the place lately as I have found I have been wanting to use this color more & more and can I find any in a small size .... no ..... fortunately I have a few that I got somewhere mixed with a few other colors but they are almost gone ....... I shall keep searching!

Recipe:
Stamps: Girl - Rubber Romance; Verse - Papertrey Ink
Paper: Cranberry Crisp & Chocolate Chip - SU; White; Floral Crochet Pink - Sandylion
Other: Black Ink; Sepia Whispers Ink; Circle Punches; Paper Piercing tool & Mat; Distressing Tool; White Grosgrain Ribbon; Brown Brads

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your card is absolutely stunning, Frances. Like always!
Thanks for playing again.
Have a great weekend
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

Another stunner, Frances. I hope your weekend is going great!

Kristine Reynolds said...

I love this. Great job on the sketch Frances!

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love that stamp

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card, love what you did with Beate's sketch!!

I haven't seen those stamps before, I'll be checking them out :)

Lori said...

Beautiful! I love how the patterned paper looks with those colors.

Shannon McGann said...

Gorgeous! I love the colours you chose. And the row of brads at the top just finishes the card nicely!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card!