Saturday, October 25, 2008

Got Cupcakes?

Hi everyone .... hope you are all enjoying your weekend. My card today is Taylor's of Taylored Expressions Cupcake challenge. I almost used one of my owl stamps to create my card but then the cupcakes stamps all started shouting at me that they wanted to be used so who am I to argue with them ... especially as it is a cupcake challenge hehe!

I used the swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder to add the texture to my pink base panel. The cupcakes were all stamped on white card and punched out using circle punches, the scallop circle is the SU scallop circle punch. This was a pretty easy card to create and would have been up hours ago if I hadn't decided to go out with my DH halfway during it being made!

Recipe:
Stamps: Cupcakes - Inkadinkado; Sentiment - Eat Cake Graphics
Paper: White; Chocolate Chip & Pretty In Pink - SU; DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Close To Cocoa SU Ink; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Circle Punches; Scallop Circle Punch; Spellbinder Label Die; Brown Brads; Foam Tape; Copics



8 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Frances i love your card, great minds think alike, i'm using this set today, not sure when i will post it.

Donna said...

oh i love this card, the colours, the images and of course the embossing, i'm waiting for my cuttlebug to arrive any day now. Donna x

Ida said...

Wonderful. I love the patterened paper with all those dots. Looks yummy with your cupcakes.

Anonymous said...

this is one of my favorite cards with this layout. love the dp and the colors!!!!

Catherine said...

yep, my stamps yell at me too when they wanted to be used...lol! cute card :)

Kathryn said...

Fabulous job -- Love the pink/brown combination - so very pretty! :)

Taylor said...

Too cute, Frances! I love that patterned paper and the pink and brown combo! Thanks for playing with the sketch!

Shirley said...

Cupcake Du Jour I'm sure! What wonderful cupcakes and the paper you chose to make them pop is very pretty!