Sunday, October 19, 2008

Celebrate the Season Christmas Owl!

Yesterday was such a busy day for me that I didn't get a chance to stamp! So I just couldn't wait to get some done today and get to play with the sketch challenges I normally do on the weekends. I received this owl from Spiral Whisper on Friday so of course I couldn't wait to use it!

My card today uses Beate's weekend sketch challenge ... I stamped the owl twice, once on white card and once on soft sky card ... I used liquid applique to give a snowy effect to the snowflakes and branch. I cut out the owl from the white card and attached it over the soft sky image using foam tape.

Recipe:
Stamps: Christmas Owl - Spiral Whisper; Sentiment - Papertrey Ink
Paper: White; Black; Real Red & Soft Sky - SU; DP - My Mind's Eye
Other: Black Ink; White Liquid Applique; Snowflake Cuttlebug Die; Circle Punches; Scallop Border Punch; Foam Tape; Copics









17 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Frances this is the cutest, way to cute.

Niki Estes said...

What a cute card, Frances! I love the colors and that owl!

Michelle said...

He is just way too cute! I'm totally getting into the owls now! Thanks for a great card idea!!

nora said...

Wat een schattig kaartje Frances,ziet er goed uit,groetjes Nora

Anonymous said...

Frances, such a sweet card. It just makes one smile when you see it. TFS.

Kathy Brown

Anonymous said...

What an adorable image!! Love the card design, your coloring and embellishments - too cute!!!

Jennifer Love said...

Oh, I love this to bits and pieces! What a great card. :)

Sarah K said...

I love your cards the stamps are great and your colours

Anonymous said...

OMG! This is the cutest!! Great sketch card too!! :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is ADORABLE! LOVE the colors you used and the image is too sweet! Great job!

Jamee said...

That owl is so adorable! Cute card!

Charlotte said...

How cute! Of all the owls in my collection, only two are stamps, so I guess I need to work on that. Because you share my love for owls...

Tag, you're it! Visit my blog for details. I hope you join in the fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh Frances ~ there you go again. Teasing me with another stamp company that isn't located in the US that carries owl images.
Too cute!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Alyce - snowyowl

Anonymous said...

Oh Frances ~ there you go again. Teasing me with another stamp company that isn't located in the US that carries owl images.
Too cute!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Alyce - snowyowl

Anonymous said...

This is honestly one of the cutest cards EVER!!

Shirley said...

One of the cutest owls I have seen! Love what you did for the snow on the branch and the BG snow. The snowflake is perfect! Beautiful card too!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh Frances!!! This guy is the absolute cutest!! And I adore your snow covered branch!! FANTASTIC my friend!!