Monday, October 6, 2008

Friendly Squirrels!

Hi everyone ... it seems funny making autumn/fall themed cards when I am enjoying Spring down here in Australia hehe, but a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do right!

So why am I making fall cards??? Well because it is Monday and Monday means another CCEE challenge. It is also a new month .... October (you probably knew that already ;) ) ... and a new month means that we have a new host for our challenges. This month Dawn Lusk is in charge of giving us our challenges ... and we have lots of fun ones coming up!

So our first challenge for October is "Make your own pattern paper using stamps and make a Fall card. Pretty much anything goes as long as you have your homemade pattern paper"

I decided to use the Whimsical Autumn set I got from Carolyn King last month isn't that a cute squirrel!!!! I also used last week's SFYTT sketch challenge that Jen of Iheart2stamp hosts each week on her blog. I used one of the leaf stamps in that same set to create my pattern paper on the pumpkin pie panel ... the olive panel I embossed using the pumpkin harvest cuttlebug embossing folder.

Don't forget to go to the CCEE Stampers blog to see all the cards my CCEE friends created with this challenge. Of course we would love it if you could play too!

Recipe:
Stamps: Whimsical Autumn - Gina K Designs
Paper: White; Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie & Old Olive
Other: Black Ink; Chocolate Chip & Pumpkin Pie SU Ink; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Olive Brads; Square Nestabilities; Label Nestabilities; Pumpkin Harvest Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Foam Tape; Copics



5 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Hey Frances, Love your card. So Sweet.

Heather "Hev" said...

So lovely Frances :)

I dont know about you - but it can stay Autumn all year long!!! I am dreading summer this year (as in every other year)

Greetings from Adelaide :)

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

TEEHEE! Those squirrels are adorable!! :) TFS!

Shirley said...

What a wonderful Fall card and those squirrels are just so cute too!