Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Playing Pirates!

G'day everyone! My card today is for this week's sketch challenge over on SCS.

I love pirate stamps and had this set from The Cat's Pajamas sitting on my desk. When I saw how they suited this sketch I just had to use them. Don't they look like a couple of kids playing dress up as pirates!!!!!

I used the distressed stripes cuttlebug embossing folder to create the background to my base card ... after embossing I sponged on some black ink to make the stripes black. The treasure map used here is a button from a pirate theme button set.

Recipe:
Stamps: Pirate Stamps - The Cat's Pajamas
Papers: White; Black; Real Red - SU
Other: Black Ink; Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Treasure Map Button; Foam Tape; Gold Spica Pen; Copics



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Frances
Love how you inked the distressed stripes..and that button is so cute!
Shirley

Donna said...

Oh Frances i love this card and so would my son, fantastic. Donna x

Cindy Haffner said...

Just perfect for this sketch Frances, love the red.

Shirley said...

A really cute card! Love what you did with the colors and the map.