Thursday, October 2, 2008

High Flyin' Fun!

Here is another sneak peek at the new stamps which will be released by Hanna Stamps this Thursday 2nd October. This card uses one of the stamps in the new "Vintage Toys" set. This is a fun set suitable to making card for both boys & girls and would also be suitable to create Christmas cards too.

Today's Hanna Stamps challenge over on the Hanna Stamps Member Forum is to use some sort of embossing (either hot or dry) ... I decided to go with dry and used my distressed stripes cuttlebug embossing folder to create my embossing. Once I had embossed my yellow card I then sponged over the raised areas using sun yellow ink.

Recipe:
Stamps: Vintage Toys - Hanna Stamps
Paper: White; Sun Yellow, Real Red & Ballet Blue - SU; DP - Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Sun Yellow SU Ink; Red Brads; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Long Rectangles Nestabilities; Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Foam Tape; Copics



18 comments:

SusanBluerobot said...

BEAUTIFUL love the colours

CraftyC said...

A really great boy card!
Clairex

Michelle said...

Love that plane.. woo hoo more masculine images!!

Nancy L. said...

I'm am loving the colors you used, thanks for sharing!

Kimberly said...

This is adorable! Love the fun, bright colors and the piercing!

Angela said...

love vintage toys! This is an adorable card!

Alison H said...

That airplane is just so cute! Perfect for a little boy's card!!

Callie said...

Ooooo... I love the vintage toys too, especially the plane. Very cute!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin your colors.

slbt17 said...

this is great - I never would of thought of something like this - but it is wonderful!
Thanks for the inspiration.
Sandra

scrappintlc said...

Really like the vintage toys. Thank you for sharing your creation with us.

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

I love it!

A-M said...

Such a nice bright colour combo! Perfect for a child's bday! :o)

Sue Strozyk said...

Love the colors, great job!!

Stefani said...

Love the colrs in this card. Can't wait to see the full set of vintage toys.

Anonymous said...

Such bright, cheerful colors. I can't wait to see the rest of this set.

Shannon Roberts said...

This card is amazing!!! I sooo am going to have to get this set!

txbluiz said...

What a great card!!! Love the details!