Thursday, October 30, 2008

Penguin Winter Wishes

It's time for another Elzybells challenge over on the Elzybells Art Stamps blog. This week the challenge was to create a card using black & white and only one other color.

As you can see the other color I chose was blue!

I created the gridded background on the white base card using the score-pal. The circle layers were created using the circle nestabilities dies .... I would normally color the beak of the penguin yellow/orange but of course seeing I could only use one other color which I had decided was blue ... I ended up coloring the beak black too. (I guess I could have tried blue ha ;) .... cause the penguin is in the snow and probably cold right hahahahahaha! )

Don't forget to check out Elzybells blog to see all the other Design Teams cards for this challenge.

Recipe:
Stamps: Penguin Fishing - Elzybells Art Stamps; Sentiment - Whiff Of Joy
Paper: White; Black; Cool Caribbean - SU
Other: Black Ink; Score-Pal; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Black Brads; White Brads; Circle Nestabilities; Spellbinder Label Die; Foam Tape; Copics



9 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Pretty, pretty, love how you did your ribbon.

Rachel Hope said...

So So Cute!!! I am doing penguins too..it works so well for B & W! ;) Love the ribbon and sentiment!

Tracey said...

Great card! Very pretty!

Renee said...

Love it! It's such a cute card with the penguin fishing! Great job!

Debi said...

Love this little penquin!

Charlene Austin said...

SAWEET! I love your one other color choice!

Anonymous said...

AWW! How sweet!! This little penguin is so adorable!! ;)

Angel said...

too cute! love the scoring!

BA said...

this is so sweet!!!