Thursday, October 16, 2008

Inchies!

OK ... this is my first attempt at "Inchies" .... I have to admit that I have never really understood inchies so this was a real challenge for me this week. This is actually this week's Elzybells challenge, if you want to see what the rest of the design team came up with check out the Elzybells blog.

Every since I discovered that this was going to be the theme for this week's challenge, I have been thinking about what I could do for this challenge. As I was creating the Mini Pizza box that i posted here last Friday it finally came to me to create a mini pizza box with 3 x 3 note cards. This pizza box is smaller then the previous one I created ... this one is about 3.5 inches square which is just right to hold the 3 x 3 note cards.

I used the inchies to add to the front of my mini pizza box and also to each of my note cards ... I did add all my inchies to a scallop square first ... hope that isn't against the inchie rules ... I couldn't find anything to tell me whether this is ok or not.

Here is a close up of my note cards that I created to go inside my pizza box. I used the largest of the small long rectangles nestablities and folded these in half to create the bases of my note cards. The white panel was created using Elzybell's "Christmas Multi" stamp.

I used the tree in the "Igloo" stamp to create my inchies.

Here is another view of my "Inchie" note cards and pizza box.

And finally my pizza box open ... I created 4 "Inchie" note cards to go into my pizza box.

Recipe:
Stamps: Christmas Multi & Igloo - Elzybells
Paper: White; Old Olive & Real Red - SU
Other: Black Ink; Real Red & Old Olive SU Inks; Long Rectangles and Square Nestabilities; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; White Gel Pen; Foam Tape; Copics



5 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Cool Frances, I love this, great dots. TFS.

Jamee said...

that would be a cute christmas gift with hot chocolate in the box.

Anne Marie Peterson said...

Hi Frances! I love, love, love this project!!!! What designer paper is that? It's all sooooo cute!
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

Angel said...

these are great!! love that little box w/ these adorable note cards!!

Shirley said...

The box and the cards are just beautiful!!