Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hot Chocolate Anyone!

My card today is for this week's sketch challenge over on SCS. This week we were given two sketches which were pretty much very similar one was landscape and the other portrait style ... I ended up going with the portrait style sketch as it suited the image that I wanted to use.

Apparently there is also a week long "pink" theme over on SCS ... so we were encouraged to include pink in our card.

I wanted to play a bit more with one of my Whiff of Joy stamps I got a while back that I haven't had much of a chance to play with ... I just love these images. The designer paper I selected for this card reminded me of the flowers that are on the girls jeans .... there are actually pink & cranberry colored flowers on the designer paper .... unfortunately by the time I added all the layers to my card you can't see too many of the flowers especially the pink ones. Believe me they are there LOL!

Recipe:
Stamps: Hot Chocolate - Whiff of Joy; Sentiment - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Cranberry Crisp, Pretty In Pink & Baja Breeze - SU; DP - Imaginisce
Other: Black Ink; Baja Breeze SU Ink; Cranberry Brads; Gratitude Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Pink Flower; Foam Tape; Copics



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this image - it's so adorable! You colored it beautifully, too!! TFS

Cindy Haffner said...

Darling, darling Frances.

Jessica Diedrich said...

I absolutely LOVE this card!! What an adorable image, too...I haven't had my coffee yet this morning so it's making me want it even more :) Just BEAUTIFUL, Frances!

Shirley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shirley said...

Frances, my daughter walked into the room while I was posting and I called you Jennifer. I love your card and how you used your background around your beautifully painted image. I have an award for you on my blog. I can't wait to see what you post next too.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

This card is beautiful Frances. I adore the whiff of joy images, they're adorable. Love the papers and the colours you've chosen. Linda x

Rachel Hope said...

I adore this stamp and love what you did with it!

Allison Rankin said...

Loving this...the color palette is terrific!