Saturday, October 11, 2008

Apples Did This??

My card today is for this week's Hanna Stamps challenge over on the Hanna Stamps member forum of SCS. The theme this week is "Make Mine Autumn", we were to create a card using leaves, apples or something fallish.

Well I just received my new Riley and Sophie G stamps that were release by Hanna Stamps last week. I really wanted to use one of them and had to figure out a way to make them work with this challenge. This Diet Sophie G stamp normally has a little cupcake in the thought bubble .. so I covered that with tape before inking it up and then removed the tape before I stamped it onto my card. I then stamped the tiny apple from the "Fall Hanna set" into the thought bubble. I also decided to put the basket of apples from the same set next to the moose. It now fits the theme :)!

I wanted to add a sentiment to my card so after a little thought decided that "Apples did this?" would work, this is printed out from my computer. I am thinking Sophie G has been eating way too many apples ... I know apples are good for us but I guess if you eat too much of anything it isn't so good ... right!

Recipe:
Stamps: Diet Sophie G - Hanna Stamps
Paper: White; More Mustard & Riding Hood Red - SU; DP - Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Circle & Rectangle Nestabilities; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Riding Hood Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape; Copics



11 comments:

Jennifer Love said...

OH so cute!

Cindy Haffner said...

Frances you are a genuis, awesome idea, I'm with Riley, all I ate was apples.

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card, great colouring and a fab image!
Clairex

Diane said...

I love this!!!! Too cute!! Love what you did with the bubbly and the sentiment is perfect!

Jenn said...

Very cute! I love the piercing in the corner! :D

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I should make a refridgerator magnet out of this card idea:) Don't know that it would work but at least I'd be smiling!!!

Renee said...

Hahaha this is adorable!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Awww, Riley has an awesome figure! Great card.

Rhonda Kelly said...

This is a sweet little card. Riley is so sweet! I love the colors of this card and the DP is so great! TFS

Vicki G said...

ohhhhhhh He is SOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!!!!!!

I think I resemble that comment a bit!!!hehe

Shirley said...

A darling card! That Riley does everything! I wouldn't think he would have to watch his/her weight!