Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Rebus - Volcanoes or Valleys

Hi .... I know it was only last Friday that I posted a rebus puzzle for you ... but I have been a little behind uploading my rebus cards .... this is the one I did for April so this brings up back up to date now ... and there will not be another till May. As I haven't got anything else to share with you I thought I might as well share this with you.

Most of you did very well solving the last rebus I posted. Especially as there were a few "tricky" images this time round and what we call them is different depending on what country we are in. Here are the solutions to my "A Words" rebus:
  • Anything
  • Amber
  • Abandon
  • Allegro
  • Actor
  • Attic (this seemed to be the tough one I call that mark a tick and it seems you guys in the US call it a check)
  • Amazon
So how did you go?????

The rebus this week are the names of either Volcanoes or Valleys. To help the first 3 are Valleys which can all be found in Australia ... the next three are volcanoes and these ones can be found in either New Guinea or Italy.

Don't forget to comment if you want to play along.


3 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

This one was tough!
1. Moonee Valley
2. Hunter Valley
3. Vellinger Valley
4. Lambington
5. Koranga
6. Etna

Anonymous said...

Moonee Valley
Hunter Valley
Bellinger Valley
Eweington
Korangar
Etna

I tried looking these up in the atlas and the only one I could find was Etna (and I *knew* that one)! So the rest are all a guess (especially the spelling!) Thanks for another fun puzzle.

I see I left Allegro off of the last puzzle but I did figure that one out - just missed typing it, lol.

Anonymous said...

I'm always later because I get my subscription Wednesday here in the States. What a geography lesson!
I got
Moonee Valley
Hunter Valley and
Belllingen Valley (checked google for spelling)
Lamington (totally had to google volcanoes in New Guinea cuz I never heard of this one!)
Koranga Volcano (again, had to look up the spelling)
Etna (easiest one for me)

I LOVE doing these -- not just the rebus part, but the learning about New Guinea part this month!

Thanks Frances!
Mary G