Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Goofball .... Golfball!

Some of you may be aware of my friend Cindy aka Mothermark. Well she is a bit of a character and is always making everyone laugh with her goofball antics. Well it was decided that we would surprise Cindy with a goofball challenge and send the cards we made to her.

We had a few guidelines we had to follow which was:
1. must have googlie eyes on it
2. must have polkadots on it
3. must tell a story
4. must be goofy!!!!

Well I think this card covers all those things. When I first heard of this challenge my first thought was to create a card that confused the word goofball with golf ball ... and then we were sent the guidelines so I did my best to combine the two.

I stamped my monkey and the golf ball onto white card and cut both images out. I had to make a few adjustments to the monkeys arms (cut them off and then attach them back again) so that they fitted the size of the golfball. I added the googlie eyes over the eyes of the golf ball ... I would have preferred oval eyes but as I didn't have any of these I went with what I did have.

I used my swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder to add texture to my oval panel ... this is my "polka dots" need for this card.

I created the sentiment on the computer .... I think this definitely tells a story.

And I am pretty sure this is a goofy card ... you don't see many monkeys holding golf balls I am sure!

The layout for this card is last week's SFYTT sketch from Jen at Iheart2stamp's blog.

Recipe:
Stamps: Monkey - alota Rubber Stamps; Golf ball - Impressive Stamps
Paper: White; Chocolate Chip; Old Olive - SU; DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Word Window Punch; Brown Brads; Foam Tape

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done stampowl. I love this card. had to laugh. Annie

Anonymous said...

Very cute, love how you worked the goof ball into it. Wonderfully done.
WannaB

1 Crafty Gal said...

This is too stinkin cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you met the challenge, too! Very funny, er, um, goofy!!

Linda Carson said...

LOL! This is brilliant!

Unknown said...

You nailed this one....I love it!