Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Gone to the Dogs!

I have two MFTeaser's to share with you today ... both of these cards use the new "Gone to the Dogs' Set which will be released by MFT Stamps on Wednesday 7th May.

This is a fun set ... which includes the girl .... various breeds of dogs in different sizes and a lead to use so that the girl can walk the dog if required.

I used my new petite oval nestabilities to layer the image of the girl which was stamped twice ... once of the white oval and once on the blue DP. I cut out the dress only from the blue DP to paper piece over the white image.

The dog was stamped on white card and cut out and attached using foam tape to the bottom right of the card .... I used some blue wire to create a lead from the girls hand to the dog.

This pink card uses the same set as the previous card .... although this time I used the poodle and the lead that are include in the set. I decided to color the poodle pink ... just for a little bit of fun. I paper pieced the top portion of the dress only onto the girl and colored the skirt area brown.

The right hand corner uses the corner stamp from the "Setting the Stage" set which is the special MFT promo this month ... check out MFT's site for details.


My Favorite Things is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, May 7 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. Lots of fun is planned including finding out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum on SCS to find out all the details and we hope to see you there on Wednesday night.

Recipe:
Stamps: Gone to the Dogs & Setting the Stage - MFT
Paper: White; Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou & Regal Rose & Pretty In Pink DP - SU; Blue DP - Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Close to Cocoa SU Ink; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Flowers; Blue Wire; Petite Ovals Nestabilities; Brown Pearls.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

these are really fun!! great samples, Frances!

Anonymous said...

They are both wonderful!
Deena

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Oh, I love these!

Jennifer Love said...

Great cards! I can't wait to get those stamps and fun-flock the heck out of them. teeeheeeheee!

jjcreations said...

These are awesome. I haven't noticed the different dogs before on other cards I've seen. I love how you co-ordinated the outfits with the paper.
Joan - visiting from outside Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Linda Carson said...

Wonderful & soooooooo creative!

reeree62 said...

I am just loving the new designs! Can't wait to see them!!!!
I love what you did on the first card with the leash! Soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the Blue Bayou lady with the dog outside the oval - very nice design. I don't think of putting a blue and brown together, but they really work well in this card. I love to surf your blog for inspiration. Thanks for inspiring me. Take care and God bless you . . . Elizabeth S. - a fan in mid-Michigan, USA

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!