Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cheeky Monkey!


Afternoon all ..... I am surrounded by stamping supplies everywhere here ... no not new ones! Remember I mentioned on Saturday that my DH was building my new stamping storage cupboards ... well 2 sections are now finished and he is planning on removing the old and putting up the new when he comes home from work today ... I had strict instructions to get all my stamping stuff ... paper/card; stamps; brads; ribbon etc etc out of them so this could be done. Just as well he didn't say I had to empty the 3rd section cause I don't know where I would be able to put that stuff.

Anyway I am excited that it is going to happen ... tonight I get my new paper storage area which will hold my A4 card (8.5 x 11 for those of you in the US or near enough) and my 12 x 12 DP. And also my new stamp drawers ... which will mean no stamps will be falling on my head anymore when I try to get them down from the top of the cabinet where they are now ... yahhhhhh! Not sure how long it will take me to put everything back in ... that might be slower then actually taking everything out LOL!

My card today combines two challenges ... the sketch which I always do and this week's color challenge which I haven't done for a while! The color challenge this week was to use sage shadow & chocolate chip .... I am really scrimping for choc chip ... just as well I had a few scraps. I really like sage shadow but haven't used it in ages!

The sketch this week is being guest hosted by my friend Amber ... fortunately she selected a nice simple sketch for this week, just what I needed! It means I can have it done before my DH comes home cause I know I will have to help him with the new shelving.

I got a few new stamps today so I was hoping one would work on the sketch challenge today ... I selected the "monkey love" set from C.C. Designs. The sentiment is from High Hopes stamps and is perfect for this little fella! I used my distressed stripes cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the top portion of my card. The DP is another of the archaic Basic Grey range and matches sage shadow so well. Finally I added my ribbon to the top of my card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Monkey Love - CC Designs; Sentiment - High Hopes
Papers: White; Sage Shadow & Chocolate Chip - SU; Archaic DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Brown Brads; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Distress Stripes Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Foam Tape


9 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So darn cute, Frances, man you are fast. So glad you are getting your stamproom done. Hugs Cindy

Shelly said...

Very cute Frances, I wouldn't have thought to use sage with the monkey but it works so well!

Anonymous said...

Super cute card..I love this monkey! I also bought the folder you used after seeing all your great cards with it!!

Dawn Easton said...

So cute Frances! You were the one who sold me on that CB embossing folder ;) You always know how to make it work! Your monkey is so cute!!

Sandra Smart said...

oh my gosh, this is super cute.

Michelle Adams said...

Love your layout! Adorable card Frances!!!

Michelle Tech said...

Very cute card! I'm hoping you'll share some pictures of your hubby's handiwork...I could use some stamp and paper storage ideas! You're so lucky to have him do that for you!

Sarah said...

This is so sweet! I love those colours and the layout is fab!

xx :0)

Doris said...

Just love everything about this card!