Sunday, May 25, 2008

Life's A Picnic!

I just love this new set by H & M Stamps called It's Picnic Time .... it is going to be released later today (Sunday 25th May). The sentiment & the giant sandwich are both from this set.

When I first saw this giant sandwich I immediately thought about my ant stamps ... I haven't used them for ages and what is a picnic without ants right hehe! First up I masked off the sign the ants normally carry using sticky tape and then stamped just the ants onto my white card. I then stamped the grass along the bottom of the card and the clouds to the top portion of the card. I stamped the sandwich onto a scrap of white card and cut it out and attached it onto my card so that it appears the ants are carrying it.

The red card on the base of this card has been stamped using Cornish Heritage Farm's dots & circles backgrounder in black ink. The sentiment is stamped onto white card and punched out using an oval punch.

Recipe:
Stamps: It's Picnic Time - H & M Stamps; Ants - Dawnstar Studio; Grass - Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers; Clouds - Mostly Animals; Dots & Circles - CHF.
Papers: White; Black; Real Red & Green Galore - SU
Other: Black Ink; Celeste Blue Impress Ink; Black Brads; Oval Punch; Foam Tape


4 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just way too cute Frances!! Love those working ants!! And your paper and colors just make the images pop!! Adorable card!! Love it!!

Cindy Haffner said...

So sweet, love your bright happy colors.

Renee said...

So cute! I love the colors you picked....very very cool :)

wendyp said...

How cute!!!!