Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Cake!

This card is for this week's MFT sketch challenge on SCS and also Celebrate MFT Day which is always the 20th of every month. I need a few more birthday cards to add to my stash so I decided to use my "Take the Cake" set to make my card.

The colors of the card are taken from the DP I used which is from the Cupcake range by Basic Grey. I used my square nestabilities for the main image and my petite ovals nestabilities for the sentiment.

I did vary my card just a tad as I preferred my sentiment where I ended up putting it on my card and added the blue & red flowers to the bottom right corner of my main image.

Recipe:
Stamps: Take the Cake Set - MFT
Papers: White; Real Red & Not Quite Navy - SU; Cupcake DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Square & Petite Oval Nestabilities; Red & Blue Flowers; Blue Brads; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape


2 comments:

Renee said...

Great card! I love these colors...fab job!

Unknown said...

Its so beautiful!!