Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Going Somewhere?

Going somewhere ... not me! This card is made using "Goin' Places" which is another new set to be released by My Favorite Things on Wednesday 7th May.

For this one I decided to create another file folder style card. I stamped the girl twice once of the white card and once on the stripe card .... I cut out the dress and paper pierced it over the white image.

The card is created by cutting the edge of the front of the card shorter than the back of the card. I added the DP to the front and the inside of the card. I used my slit punch to the top left of the inside panel to create a notch which helps keep the card closed.

This is what the card looks like when open.


Recipe:
Stamps: Goin' Places - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Cranberry Crisp & Close to Cocoa - SU; Travel Abroad Stripes & Travel Abroad Icons DP - EK Success
Other: Black Ink; Bravo Burgundy Grosgrain Ribbon; Corner Rounder; Slit Punch; Plane Charm



Here is another quick card using stamps from the same set as the one above "Goin' Places". I think this is a great set for so many different occasions include bon voyage, birthday etc.

The plane and the banner are both separate stamps so you can use them either on there own or together like I have here. The banner is also blank so you can put whatever sentiment you wish inside it .... I used the birthday sentiment from "Simply Said" for mine as I wanted to make it into a birthday card. Because the stamps are clear & flexible it was easy to bend the sentiment slightly to get it to fit into the shape of the banner and of course I could easily see exactly where I was stamping it.

The buildings are actually stamped twice along the bottom of the card so that it fits the size I needed to include the plane & banner.

Recipe:
Stamps: Goin' Places & Simply Said - MFT
Papers: White; Black; Sun Yellow, Real Red & Turquoise - SU
Other: Black Ink; Red Brads


My Favorite Things is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, May 7 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. Lots of fun is planned including finding out how YOU can be the next Guest Designer. Head over to the forum on SCS to find out all the details and we hope to see you there on Wednesday night.

5 comments:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

I'm looking forward to MFT's release. Your cards are wonderful!

Unknown said...

Lovey, lovey, love love LOVE these samples Frances! Great job!

Diane said...

Lovely cards!!!! Love the colors!!!

Linda Carson said...

Fantastic artwork Frances! Clever way to use the stripes & love that layout.

Unknown said...

Too cool!