Friday, May 16, 2008

Once Upon A Time!


Yesterday I posted a card that I did for a challenge with my fab/sassy friends, the challenge was to create a card fit for a Princess. Last week I discovered a set called Doodle Factory - Fantasy available from Starving Artistamps which I thought would be perfect for this challenge .... as I had been looking at some of these stamps for a while and kept putting off purchasing them, I finally bite the bullet and ordered a couple of sheets. I had hoped that the stamps would arrive before I had to make my card for yesterdays challenge .... but on Tuesday when they hadn't arrived yet I went with plan B ... which until I had seen these other stamps had actually been plan A anyway.

Of course these stamps turned up yesterday after I had already uploaded my card. Of course I had to play with this new set and I decided to also do Julee's Mojo Monday Sketch which you can find at Poetic Artistry's blog.

I used my long rectangle nestabilities to create the scallop layer of the main image. The sentiment was created using my Karen Foster Snap stamps. I stamped the castle on my white card and the princess on a piece of scrap white, cut out the princess and layered her on my castle piece using foam tape. The Pink areas of the castle & the lavender areas of the dress were both colored over with my clear spica pen to add a touch of sparkle. I also added 2 purple gems to the princess' dress.

Recipe:
Stamps: Princess & Castle from Doodle Factory Fantasy - Starving Artistamps; Karen Foster Snap Stamps; Cloud - Mostly Animals
Paper: White; Elegant Eggplant & Pale Plum - SU; DP - Papertrey Ink
Other: Black Ink; Celeste Blue Impress Ink; Elegant Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon; Purple Brads; Long Rectangle Nestabilities; Clear Spica Marker; Purple Gems; Foam Tape


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Completely adorable, and well worth the wait.

Anonymous said...

Both of your Princess cards are adorable!! Love the colors - so royal looking!

Heather said...

Super fun card! Love the pinks and purple together! Lovely detail as well! Fun fun images!

Renee said...

Adorable!

Kimme said...

Soooo cute....but her hair is the wrong color.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So cute! I just love that castle. Thanks for playing! :)