Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hey Sunshine!


Today's card is for this week's Hanna Stamps challenge over at the member forums of SCS. This week the challenge was to use a brayer in some way to create our cards.

I decided to use my brayer to create the background to my card ..... the sky & the sand. First up I tore a piece of paper and used this to mask the sand area of my card. I then brayered soft sky, cool caribbean & blue bayou ink in layers in the sky area. Blue Bayou was then sponged along the bottom of the sky area and also around the sides of the sky area. I then used the other piece of paper that I had torn to use to mask my sky and brayered the sand using so saffron .... I sponged more mustard around the sides of the sand area.

Hanna, the umbrella and the other images were stamped on white card, colored and cut out and attached to my card .... using foam tape for Hanna & the umbrella.

Recipe:
Stamps: Fun in the Sun; Things Hanna Would Say - Hanna Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Rose Red & Cool Caribbean - SU
Other: Black Ink; Soft Sky, Cool Caribbean, Blue Bayou, So Saffron & More Mustard SU Inks; Oval Punches; Label Punch; Brayer; Blue & Red Flower; Red Brad; Foam Tape



5 comments:

Shelly said...

How fun Frances, I love the beachy colors and the brayering is perfect!

Anonymous said...

great card for summer,or a teenager, or an old lady remembering. Annie

Heather said...

Super fab card Frances!

Renee said...

This is really cute! Love the bikini girl!

Pam said...

So cute Frances, love your background!!