Monday, May 12, 2008

Toy!

It's Monday so time for another challenge card with my goofball CCEE friends on SCS. This week our challenge was also our "Catchy Name Featured Stamper" where we pick someone on SCS whose user name appeals to us. This week the name we picked was "Toy" ..... so we were instructed to create a card with a child's toy on it.

The girl on my card is holding a skipping rope ... well a skipping rope is also a child's toy so I decided to use that for my card. I almost used this image for my sketch card on Wednesday on SCS until I remembered this challenge so I came up with something else for that and kept this image for this card.

When I attended a craft show last week I picked up a set that had the word "toys" in it ... so I wanted to also incorporate that on my card seeing the card was for Toy. I cut off the letter "S" first and then stamped it on my card using black ink .... the "S" is easily enough put back again so it can be used for other things but this was easier than trying to ink up the word without the extra letter.

Recipe:
Stamps: Girl (Tilda) & Tree - Magnolia Stamps; Grass - Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers; Dragonflies - Artee; Toy - Inque Boutique
Paper: White; Black; Regal Rose & Ballet Blue - SU
Other: Black Ink; Celeste Blue Impress Ink; Black Brads; Crystal Glitter Glue; Foam Tape

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable card!! I love that Tilda, and that scene is lovely!!

Holly (Toy) is a sweet person and this card fits perfectly with her (and her screen name)!

I also love the color combo!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

This is adorable, and your coloring is impeccable, as always. Are you going to send it to her?

Linda Carson said...

Beautifully done!

Renee said...

Very cute!

Unknown said...

Adorable!!