Sunday, May 18, 2008

Welcome Little One!

Earlier this afternoon I decided to check out the featured stamper challenge on SCS. This week the featured stamper is Dawn McVey aka Dawnsing on SCS. After a little browsing through Dawn's gallery I decided to CASE this card of Dawns.

As per the rules of the featured stamper challenge I had to change at least 2 things ... I kept the colors and the baby theme of Dawn's cards but I did change the following:
  • Used the star wheel for my background
  • Substituted an image instead of a sentiment in the top panel of my card
  • Used my circle nestabilities
  • Used a different ribbon
  • Used a sentiment instead of a name for the bottom panel of my card

As you can see I ended up making 2 baby cards for this challenge .... it is just as easy to make 2 as one and it saved wasting some card. They are basically the same with just a few minor changes ...... I changed the colors for the layers of the circle, still not sure which one I prefer. I also used different sentiments ... in the top one I just stamped the sentiment on white card and used my word window punch to punch out the sentiment and attached that to my card. In the one below I used my stamp positioner and stamped the sentiment repeatedly along the card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Nursery Necessities; Classic Star Wheel - Stampin' Up
Paper: White: Bashful Blue & Brilliant Blue - SU
Other: Black Ink; Bashful Blue SU Ink; Bashful Blue Striped Grosgrain Ribbon; Circle Nestabilities; Word Window Punch; Foam Tape


4 comments:

Leigh said...

I love these baby cards. Fantastic.

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

So cute!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your baby cards Frances. No that's not how i want my blog, but i can't get it to do the side bar thing.

I posted early on my blog cause i was playing around figuring things out, no one but you and Jenn know i have it so thought it was safe.

Unknown said...

I love them both!!