Sunday, May 18, 2008

Whoot Whoot!


Today's card is for this weeks Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I thought it was about time I created another owl card ... and as I hadn't used my owl set from Cornish Heritage Farms .... of course I had to get it out and play.

I love the new Basic Grey papers and this is one from the "Archaic" range which I thought suited this owl. The owl is colored to match the green in the DP.

I stamped the branch onto my white card and the owl on a scrap piece of white card. The owl was cut out and attached to the branch using foam tape. I used my rectangle nestablities to created the scallop layer for the owl image .... cutting out 2 rectangles and joining them so get the size I needed. I also added paper piercing to the top right hand corner of this panel and also the mellow moss strip using my paper piercing mat & tool.

Recipe:
Stamps: U R A Hoot Set - Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper: White; Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip & Really Rust - SU; Archaic DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Rectangle Nestabilities; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon; Brown Brads; Foam Tape


7 comments:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Very cute!

Shelly said...

The dp is perfect with that awesome owl image Frances!

Unknown said...

Sooo adorable!!

Renee said...

So cute! Love your colors :)

Anonymous said...

You know I love owls too anniecm

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Frances! I love the paper, love the paper piercing, the 3D image, you rcoloring, the brads...everything!
Thanks for always making amazing samples with the sketches!
Have a great week. Hugs and smiles

Linda Carson said...

Love it, love it!!