Friday, May 9, 2008

Rebus - A Words

Hi I am back with another rebus puzzle card to share with you all ..... it is great seeing everyone trying to solve them ... you are all doing great!

This month the theme for this rebus is " A Words" ... which means all the answers will start with the letter "A".

If you are trying to solve this remember it isn't the spelling but the sound of the word that is important ... in some cases the sound won't sound exactly as it should but it will sound similar.

Images can stand for more than one thing so you need to figure out what the image stands for in that particular instances .... eg ... the women in the rebus above could stand for any of the following: her, she, girl, lady, woman, lass etc.

Someone did ask in the last rebus post I posted last month how ... we got "ers" out of using 3 ladies. using the info written above each lady would be "her" in this case and as there are 3 of them it becomes "hers" or "ers"

Sometimes if the image starts with the letter "H" as the sound of the rebus word would sound almost the same with or without removing the "H" from the being of the word this is often not removed. eg "Hand" can stand for "and". Or in the case of last months rebus cards ... C + hook would make Cook.

Hope that helps you all working these out.

Here are the solutions from last months rebus cards which was the Name of a Famous Explorer ... you can find the rebus post here.

  • Columbus

  • Marco Polo

  • Cook

  • Scott

  • Matthew Flinders

If you want to play along don't forget to comment and include your answers I would love to see how you do. The answers will be posted next time I post a rebus card.

6 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

My guesses:
anything
amber
abandon
allegro
actor
a check????
amazing

Nancy said...

I think the answers are:

anything
amber
abaondon
allegro
actor
ache
amazon

Not 100% sure of ache, but we'll see.

Sharon said...

Anything
Amber
Abandon
Allegro
Actor
Attic (must be an Australian thing)
Amazon

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I thought these were hard because i couldn't always tell what the picture was of! I got these:
Anything
Amber
Abandon (this is where I couldn't tell what the last picture was so I went with what I had so far)
Allegro (although i thought the peg was a clothespin at first! Knew that couldn't be right!) :0
Attic (I was able to get the check was a tick)
Amazon

I love doing these! Thanks for having them!

Mary G, aka Queen Mary

Anonymous said...

Anything
---
----
----
Actor - Acheck??
Amazing?? Amazun?? oh Amazon

That's all I got...I am feeling pretty dumb right now, Frances, thanks alot, lol!!!
:)
Oh and I forgot what you told me the man and woman meant...tell me again, hehe.

Anonymous said...

Anything
Amber
Abandon
Actor
Attic (Mary G. got it! I have never called it a tick but have a few times heard others call it that. To me it's a check mark:) Thanks Mary G.!)
Amazon

Thanks, Frances. These are so fun!