Monday, May 5, 2008

Shady Daisy Mother's Day!

Another Monday, another challenge with my goofball CCEE friends on SCS. This week our challenge was to create a Mother's Day Card, we also had to recycle something that we hadn't purchased for card making and include it in our cards.

I wanted to use my "Shady Daisy" Backgrounder stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms to create my card. I stamped the flower onto white card using regal rose SU Ink. I divided the card into 3 pieces and attach it to chocolate chip card.

Including something recycled on my card took some figuring out. I had a few different ideas but none of them seemed to work on this particular card. I tried using a ring pull tab from a can looped through various different ribbons but none of these looked great. I remembered some polka dot ribbon I had pulled off a package I received by that also didn't work.

Finally I discovered some acetate covers I had removed from a bound book ... I had two pieces ... the first piece I cut had turned yellow with age so also made my card look bad, but fortunately the 2nd piece I pulled out was perfect ... I cut this to the size of the flower panel and then stamped the flourishes around the top and left edge of the acetate using white ink. I then attached this to my flower panel using brown brads. Phew!

The panel was layered onto a pink card. I added a brown stripe of card to the left of the card which I had also attached the pink ribbon to.

Recipe:
Stamps: Shady Daisy Backgrounder - CHF; Flourish - Flourishes; Sentiment - Print Blocks
Paper: White; Chocolate Chip & Regal Rose - SU; Acetate
Other: Black Ink; Regal Rose SU Ink; White Stazon Ink; Brown Brads; Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon

5 comments:

Alli Miles said...

Great colour and layout!

Jennifer Love said...

GREAT card! :D

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Linda Carson said...

GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!