Thursday, May 8, 2008

You're the Best!

Yet another Mother's Day card, hehe .... but probably my last for this year! This card is for a challenge I do with my sassy/fab friends on SCS, this week we were to create a Mother's Day card without using flowers. You know not using flowers can be hard at times ... not using a flower image that is the easy part ... but then you go looking for DP or embellishments and that is where you can get into trouble. I had already decided on my layout and colors and started putting it together ... the DP was already attached to my card when I looked again at my DP ... while it isn't exactly flowers I guess it is border line ... but oh well it is there now and I wasn't scrapping it.

I decided to create a reverse topper card for my card as I wanted to try it out ... if you want directions on how to create one of these you can see Melanie's instructions here. So I couldn't use flowers ... easy I decided to use one of Gina K's kindred spirit stamps ... this woman vacuuming I think is perfect for a Mother's Day card.

I used my circle nestabilities to create my circles in the centre of the card ... but I used my coluzzle circle to do the semi circle to create the actual topper.

This is what it looks like from the inside.

Recipe:
Stamps: Kindred Spirit Stamps - Gina K Designs
Papers: White; Chocolate Chip & Blue Bayou - SU; DP - Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Corner Rounder; Coluzzle; Circle Nestabilities; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Screw Punch

3 comments:

Michelle Tech said...

I love this card, great job! I just got some nesties and haven't had too much time to play, but aren't they great? Thanks for sharing!

Sues said...

I LOVE your cards!!! Your blog is quickly becoming one of my favorites! I'm a good friend of Toni Armstrong's (MFT) and I drool over her desigs too! It's great to see an Aussie on the team!

Heather "Hev" said...

This card has one of my favourite things - vaccuuming (yeah I know!!)

Love how it has all come together :)