Sunday, May 11, 2008

Easy to Go Down A Hill!

Today's card is a combination of two challenges. First up it is this week's Beate's weekend sketch challenge and it is also this week's Hanna Stamps challenge over at the Hanna Stamps member forum of SCS which is a color challenge.

The colors for the color challenge were Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red and Always Artichoke. I used the distressed stripes cuttlebug embossing folder to add texture to the creamy caramel piece behind the image ... after adding the texture I sponge on creamy caramel SU ink to highlight the raised areas.

While I was creating this card I remembered some wheel/bicycle stamps I received a few years back from Club Scrap. I used a couple of these ... one to create the background on the base card which was stamped using creamy caramel. The sentiment is also from this set ... I stamped half the sentiment on the front of the card and the rest inside.

The sentiment reads "It is Easier to Go Down A Hill than Up." ...... on the inside is stamped:
" But the view is best from the top."

The ribbon was originally white ... I colored it using my copic markers.

Recipe:
Stamps: Bicycle Riley - Hanna Stamps; Sentiment & Bike Route - Club Scrap
Paper: White; Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red & Always Artichoke
Other: Black Ink; Creamy Caramel SU Ink; Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Oval Nestabilities; White Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape

10 comments:

Michelle Tech said...

Very cute! I'm going to have to try coloring ribbon with my copics now! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card! I love how it came together. The colors, the sketch, the stamps....they all coordinate perfectly! Thanks for playing!
Have a great weekend! Hugs and smiles

SusanBluerobot said...

now i want these stamps thanks
love your card

Linda Carson said...

Adorable! You just can't beat those Copics to color ribbon!

Stefanie said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors you chose and this is my favorite Beate sketch yet!

Anonymous said...

These colors look great together! Beautiful coloring! I love this layout and the sentiment.

Debbie M said...

Oh so very cute! and very bold with the colours also!

Debbie M

Sara Henton said...

Really nice card. I like some many of the elements & how it came together.

LeAnne said...

Cute Cute Cute!!!
LeAnne

reeree62 said...

That is just too darn cute! But when is Riley NOT cute??!