Thursday, May 1, 2008

Brings May Flowers!

It's time for another challenge with my fab/sassy friends on SCS. Earlier in the month our challenge was April Showers so it is fitting that at the end of the month our challenge for this week is May Flowers. For me it is already May as I am about 14 hours or so ahead of everyone in the US .... and I normally wait to Thursday to post my card so that it goes up around the same time as my other Fab/Sassy friends.

When I was creating my friends I just couldn't get inspired to just use a flower stamp ... I wanted to play with some other stamps and my Magnolia ones won out for this card .... I found one that is holding flowers. I have included a sentiment that has the word flower in it and also a flower for my embellishment .... so I think I have covered this challenge .... don't you!

I got the idea for this style of card while I was browsing some of the entries for this week's featured stamper challenge ... some one had created a card in this style that she had CASEd from the featured stamper who had gotten the idea from Amy Rysavy's blog. The slit punch is used at the top panel to keep this card closed.


Recipe:
Stamps: Tilda with Flowers - Magnolia Stamps; Sentiments - Papertrey Ink
Paper: White; Groovy Guava & Wild Wasabi - SU; DP - Heidi Grace
Other: Black Ink; Groovy Guava Grosgrain Ribbon; Flowers; Brad; Slit Punch

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you always come up with such great ideas for cards! Frances, how long does it take you to make a card, on average? You must be organized! Weren't you going to show us your craft space? Deb :)

Unknown said...

This is sooo adorable, and perfect for our challenge! I love it!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

This is really, really cute!