Monday, May 12, 2008

Going Places!!

Last week when I went to the scrapbook store to get some more DP I found some great travel themed DP. So when it came time to create my card for this week's MFT sketch challenge over at the MFT member forum of SCS, I just had to use some of it.

The girl is stamped twice ... once on white card and once on the polka dot DP. I cut out the dress only from the polka dot DP and layered it over the white image. I also stamped the pair of bags onto white card.

I used my distressed stripe cuttlebug embossing folder to add texture to my red strip and my circle nestabilities for my sentiment.

Recipe:
Stamps: Goin' Places Set - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red & Taken with Teal - SU; Travel DP - DCWV; Polka Dot DP - Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Circle Nestabilities; Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon; Red Brads; Foam Tape

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great looking card!! Beautiful coloring and paper-piecing and I love the DP and the colors! I also love how you are able to incorporate the CB distressed folder image into so many of your cards and they all look wonderful!! tfs

Linda Carson said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

I love it!

Lynn Put said...

What a great card! This is the best card I've seen with this new set yet! I love the travel designer paper, the colors and her polka dotted paper pieced dress!