Thursday, May 22, 2008

Engaged!

It is time for another challenge with my fab/sassy friends on SCS. The majority of us in this group own Rubber Romance stamps .... so that was our challenge for this week to create a card using our Rubber Romance stamps. My friend Kim and I challenged ourselves even further by having to use a stamp that we own that we haven't used as yet. There are a couple of members who don't own Rubber Romance stamps as yet, so they were sent some images they could use.

As my daughter's sister in law to be just announced her engagement the other week, I decided to use "Emily is Engaged". I used Papertrey Ink's Pink Pattern DP to paper piece the dress and also for the background for this card. I attached a clear jewel over the engagement ring that is on her finger.

I cut two rectangle using the scallop rectangle nestabilities that were then joined to get the size I needed to layer my main image. The scallops along the bottom of the card were created using a corner punch.

Recipe:
Stamps: Emily is Engaged - Rubber Romance; Sentiment - Flourishes
Papers: White; Cameo Coral - SU; Spring Moss & Pink Patterns DP - Papertrey Ink
Other: Black Ink; Rectangle Nestabilities; Corner Punch; Hole Punch; Clear Jewel; Pink Ribbon; Pink & Green Flowers; Pink Brad; Foam Tape


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it, she's so pretty in pink!

Shelly said...

This is one fun card Frances!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

very pretty Frances! Love the dp and paper piecing!

Lisa T. said...

This is a lovely card - and what a wonderful keepsake for a bride-to-be. TFS.

Whimsey said...

Very cute; love the paper!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, beautiful image!! I love the paper-piecing and the jewel:) Lovely card for a bride-to-be!!

CreativeMish said...

Fabulous! I love that you paper pieced the dress she is wearing to coordinate with the B&T paper! Love the Bling!