Thursday, May 29, 2008

Viva la France!

My card today is for the "Our Favorite Flag" challenge that is being run on the Hanna Stamps Member Forum of SCS. We had to use the Patriotic Hanna mini set to create our card using any countries flag or colors. Hanna does come with the USA flag in her hand, but there is also another flag image you can use if you want to included in this set which is blank.

When I first heard of this challenge I immediately thought of France as I remembered that the Passport Hanna set has an image of the Eiffel Tower in it and also that it would be very easy to draw a French flag. Later on I remembered that I had some French buttons by Dress It Up which included some French flags .... so I decided to use one of those for my card.

Hanna has been cut out and is mounted over the Eiffel Tower using foam tape. I layered this image using my long rectangles nestabilities .... cutting out 2 scallop rectangles and joining to get the size required.

The ribbon is actually the red & white striped grosgrain ribbon by SU ... I wanted to be red, white & blue so I added some blue using my copic markers. The sentiment was created using my computer.

This challenge is one that has a prize which is a $25 gift voucher to Hanna Stamps .... there is still time to enter as you have until 5th June to upload your entries to SCS. You do need to use Patriotic Hanna though, so if you ordered why not give this challenge a go. I can't win cause I am on the Design Team ... I just wanted to play for fun! The winner will be drawn at the Hanna Stamps release party 6th June. For more details check out the link which I included above.

Recipe:
Stamps: Patriotic Hanna & Passport Hanna Sets - Hanna Stamps
Papers: White; Real Red & Night of Navy - SU; DP - Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Long Rectangles Nestabilities; Blue Brads; Red & White Stripe Grosgrain Ribbon - SU; French Flag Button; Word Window Punch; Foam Tape


4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Frances, this is amazing, awesome job on the challenge. I didn't do this one, bad girl.

Shelly said...

This is awesome Frances!

Shannon Tompkins said...

Great job. Frances wants to go to France?

Paula said...

Bravo, c'est beau ! Je profite pour vous passer un petit bonjour de France.