Monday, May 19, 2008

Friends Forever

It is time for another challenge with my goofball CCEE friends on SCS. This week we had to "go back to our roots and make a card with the very first stamp/stamp set you ever bought". I have to say I went .... arghhhhhhhhhhhh when I first saw this challenge. Why????? well because I have been stamping for almost 20 years and who can remember that far back not me. Anyway after consulting with my DD I think I have figured out that the stamp seen in this picture is my very first stamp I bought .... to the best of my knowledge anyway.

I stamped the image on white card and used my rectangle nestabilities to create my layers. I used my paper piercing mat & tool to add paper piercing along both edges of the so saffron panel.

Recipe:
Stamps: Friends Forever - Unknown
Paper: White; Pretty In Pink, So Saffron & Chocolate Chip - SU; DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Rectangle Nestabilities; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon; Pink & Brown Flowers; Yellow Brad; Foam Tape


5 comments:

Michelle Tech said...

I figured out that I have been stamping since 1983. The oldest stamp I know that I have is not very fashionable now!

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWW. An oldie but still a goodie. I just adore this card.
Annie

Shelly said...

This is darling Frances. I can remember some of the first cards I made, but I have long since gotten rid of the stamps! I love how you gave the image an updated feel. Great job!

Unknown said...

Aww such a sweet and cute stamp...and very well loved!

Anonymous said...

Yes, adorable! I love teddy bear stamps and this one is certainly timeless!