Friday, July 17, 2009

In the Spotlight!

alota-spotlight-wm

Hi everyone!

It is time for another challenge over on the Alota Rubber Stamps Paper Craft Planet Group. This week the challenge is hosted by Marie Carlsson. You have two weeks from today to participate in this challenge and you also have a chance of winning some wonderful stamps if you card is selected randomly from all the entries received.

So what’s the challenge …Spotlighting! I guess that isn’t a big surprise when you look at my card right hehe. I used the new Cindy Bug to create my card today … this is named after fellow Alota Rubber Stamps Design Team Member Cindy Haffner … doesn’t she look so cute as a bug hehe!

To create the spotlight technique … I stamped my image twice onto white card. I punched out a circle using my circle punch from one of the images and this is the image I colored in. I then layered this to a black circle and attached it over my full image of Cindy Bug.

For the layout of my card I used a SFYTT sketch challenge from 4th July.

Recipe:

Stamps – Cindy Bug – Alota Rubber Stamps

Paper: White; Black; Rose Red, Pink Pirouette & Rose Red DP – SU

Other: Black Ink; Circle Punches; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Black Flowers; Buttons; Sizzix Texture Plate; Foam Tape; Copics

9 comments:

Tracey said...

The spotlight technique looks fabulous on this Frances. Love Cindy Bug - so cute!!

Danni said...

Wonderful job with the spotlight technique1

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee she is darling!! I used the same Cindy Bug for my card, but it looks different, I'll be posting it this week-end! --Super job!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Cindy Bug "bee" so cute, Frances! How cool that they named it after our sweet Cindy Lou Who. Your spotlighting is spot on fabulous!

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! I love it! Seeing your designs with Alota Rubber Stamps and I just HAD to spend my grocery money in that store! I now have a bunch of their stamps! LOL! It's a good thing and Ramen soup isn't so bad....! LOL! TFS! You're an AWSOME inspiration!

Norine said...

how cute this card is great job
Hugs
Norine

mollymoo951 said...

I was looking for an idea for a swap card and this technique will work fantastically! Really do love the black circle under the "spotlight".

Vicki G said...

What a great card! this is perfect with the spotlighting technique!

Vicki

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful card Frances! Love the spot light.