Monday, July 27, 2009

Give Peace A Chance!

ccee-peace-wm

Good morning everyone!

I don’t know about you but right now I have the John Lennon song “Give Peace a Chance” singing in my head….. All we are saying is give peace a chance! Here is a link to it on You Tube if you are interested in listening to it.

Ok now onto my card. Well as you know Mondays mean challenge time with my CCEE Stamper friends. This week Dawn the challenge hostess for this month sent us all some Designer Paper by Heidi Grace Designs(see below) and a brad to create our cards … just love that floral DP and the colors.

ccee supplies As soon as I received my parcel I knew exactly what my layout would be cause it more or less just fell in place there … I even took a photo of it like that JUST in case I forgot cause I knew it would be a few weeks before I got around to making my card.

The image I used here is Hope & Grace Peace, by The Greeting Farm! I wanted to also include a Peace sentiment so after rummaging around my stash I found this one from Alota Rubber Stamps … It didn’t quite fit into the oval punch but with a little masking and a stamp positioner I got it to fit. I added the one brad to the centre of my flower.

Don’t forget to check out the rest of our cards over on our CCEE Stampers blog which goes live at 12.00 AM.

Recipe:

Stamps: H&G Peace – The Greeting Farm; Sentiment – Alota Rubber Stamps

Paper: White; River Rock & Purely Pomegranate – SU; DP – Heidi Grace Designs

Other: Black Ink; Grosgrain Ribbon; EK Success Wavy Dot Border Punch; Oval Punches; Green Brad; Flowers; Foam Tape; Copics

5 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card Frances!! I just love that stamp! Great colors & layout.

Cindy Haffner said...

Frances this is darling.

Chris said...

the card is too cute, the paper is gorgeous and the sentiment is always the right one. now if we could all just agree to disagree on whatever it is and be at peace, well, what a wonderful world it would be.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Great use of the supplies; this is so cute, Frances!

Mothermark said...

There it is! This is adorable Hootsalot! Love the image you chose to put with this fun paper! Dawn did good huh....its the coolest paper!