Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy 4th!

alota 4th July

Hi everyone

It is time for another challenge over on the Alota Rubber Stamps Paper Craft Planet Group. This week the challenge is hosted by Michelle Oatman. You have two weeks from today to participate in this challenge and you also have a chance of winning some wonderful stamps if you card is selected randomly from all the entries received.

So what’s the challenge … have you guessed it yet???? Yeap to create a card using the colors Red, White and Blue. I thought that seeing it is summer up there right now and the 4th July is coming up many of you will be thinking picnics so I decided to use the new “Picnic Bugs” from Alota Rubber Stamps. These bugs are really celebrating cause they even are dressed in red white & blue hehe!

I also used Spellbinders Scallop Edge Frame to create the base of my card.

alota-heroes-wmI received some new Alota bug stamps since I had created my first card for this challenge so decided I just had to make another card using this cute Our Heroes stamp.

I know many of you out there create cards to send to those who are serving overseas and I think stamp would be ideal to use for this. I also like how easy it would be to just cut out he individual bugs if you didn’t want to use the whole stamp.

The designer paper I used here is some digital paper I downloaded from Gina K Designs, you will find it at the Stamp TV site under freebies.

Recipe:

Stamps: Picnic Bugs & Our Heroes – Alota Rubber Stamps; Sentiment- Justrite Stamps

Paper: White; Real Red & Ballet Blue – SU; Stars & Strip Digital DP – Gina K Designs

Other: Black Ink; Scallop Edge Frame; Star Punch; Red Brads; Foam Tape; Copics

4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect, love these both.

Tracey said...

These are both adorable Frances!

Anonymous said...

Love the scallop frame. Annie

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Two fabulous cards Frances!! Your coloring, as always is fantastic!!