Monday, July 6, 2009

Modern Grid!

CCEE-modern-grid-Hanna-wm

Hi again everyone!

I am back today with yet another card to share with you. As it is Monday it means that it is challenge time with my CCEE Stamper friends.

Being the beginning of the month it also means that we have a new challenge hostess, this month Dawn Lusk will be issuing the challenges.

This week Dawn issued a technique challenge which is called “Modern Grid” …. I think the other girls will blame me if they don’t like this challenge as apparently it was a card I created last month which gave Dawn this idea … yikes!

I was playing around with this pencil stamp which is from the new “Cyber Hanna” stamp set which will be released later today by Hanna Stamps after the release party over on SCS. Anyway while I was playing with the stamp it came to me that this would work for this challenge … how easy was that hehe.

I first came across this technique in the April 2007 Technique Junkies Newsletter. If you haven’t seen it before it is pretty easy to do.

  1. Stamp your image or images randomly over your card
  2. Now take a ruler and black marker and draw lines equally spaced vertically and horizontally. Make sure you stop your line when you get to the stamped image and then start again on the other side of the image.
  3. Add dots or doodles to some of the squares. You can also color in some squares if you desire. You could also add smaller image stamps that suit the theme or words too. You can see what I mean about other images and words by one I did when I first learnt this technique here.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the CCEE Stampers creations this week. You will also find details on how you can play in this challenge.

Recipe:

Stamps: Cyber Hanna – Hanna Stamps; Sentiment – Hero Arts

Paper: White; Black; Real Red – SU

Other: Black Ink; Buttons; Grosgrain Ribbon; Copics

3 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Cool job on this Frances!!!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVe this Frances! What an AWESOME design!!!

Vicki G said...

I totally love what you did with the pencils!!!

Awesome!!!!