Monday, July 6, 2009

Tennis Anyone!

hanna-tennis-anyone-1-wmHi everyone

It is time for another challenge over on the Pink Elephant challenge blog. This week the challenge is a Recipe challenge. We had to have stars and stripes (of ribbon, of paper, etc) on our card.

While I was preparing for the Hanna Stamps release sneak peeks I discovered I had completed this challenge already with my project I am showing here .... so figured that is what I would use for the challenge.

Today I am featuring “Tennis Riley” this is the retro summer Riley stamp which we are featuring during this months release. This will be re-released along with a bunch of new stamps by Hanna Stamps this Monday night 6th July.

A couple of weeks ago my daughter came home from shopping at a confectionery warehouse (yes with lots of yummys!). She put a tiny packet onto my desk and said she knew I am always looking for different things to use with my cards so she thought I might be interested in what she got me. What she had gotten me was this cute little packet of chewing gum in the shape of tennis balls.

And she didn’t even know that one of the stamps I would be using for this Hanna release this month was “Tennis Riley” what perfect timing!

Of course seeing I had these I had to think of something to do with them and finally came up with a variation of the lip balm holder that I discovered over on SCS some time back. The only difference between my project and the original is I had to increase the length of my project so that the “Tennis Ball chewing gum” would fit.

hanna-tennis--wm

Here is the inside of my “Tennis Ball Chewing Gum” holder …. I had to pinch one of the tennis balls out of the package so you could see them in the picture cause the packaging they are in is hard to see them. Aren’t they just adorable hehe! I think this would be fun to give to someone who plays tennis just for fun!

Recipe:

Stamps: Tennis Riley – Hanna Stamps

Paper: White; Blue; Riding Hood Red – SU; DP – Unknown

Other: Black Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Circle Punches; Word Window Punch; Oval Punch; Grosgrain Ribbon; Foam Tape; Copics

10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Riley is so cute in his shorts!!! He is very sexy!!!

Danni said...

LOL @ Cindy!
Love the paper and this is such a creative, clever idea!
Fun!

Savor the Journey said...

Acccck!
Little bitty tennis ball gums???
Oh how perfect!!

~Bev

Norine said...

too cute and how creative love it
Hugs
Norine

reeree62 said...

OMGosh! I've never seen the teeny little tennis ball bubble gum!!!! How perfect for this card Frances! That Riley... he's so darn cute!

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Frances! Love the colours on this!

Jodi Collins said...

Ooooh! How AWESOME is this!!! LOVE this Frances!

Unknown said...

You come up w. the coolest ideas, Frances! Love that moose!

LORi said...

That was perfect timing and that gum is perfect and adorable!! Your idea of how to incorporate it into your card work out great!! Super clever you!!

Vicki G said...

This card is awesome! Inside and out!