Monday, July 20, 2009

Sunshine & Summertime!

CCEE-Standing-Up-Beach-wm

Hi everyone.

It’s Monday, the start of a new week. Of course Mondays also mean challenge time with my CCEE Stamper friends.

This week Dawn our challenge hostess challenged us all to create a fun summery card! I recently received my summer themed Brentwood Owls from Jessica Lynn Originals, so of course I wanted to play with at least one of them!

One of the recent technique challenges over on SCS was a Stand Up card which is what I decided to make for my challenge card today … these are lots of fun. You can find out more details on this type of card and the challenge here.

CCEE-Standing-Up-Beach2-wm

Here is the inside of my card … I used the EK Success Beach border punch to create the border above my designer paper panel.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the CCEE Stampers creations this week. You will also find details on how you can play in this challenge.

Recipe:

Stamps: Brentwood Owl: Evee with Waterwings – Jessica Lynn Originals

Paper: White; So Saffron, Regal Rose & DP – SU

Other: Black Ink; Oval Nestabilities; Oval Punches; Foam Tape; Copics

4 comments:

Andrea said...

This is just gorgeous Frances, I'll have to try one of these cards! Thanks for the inspiration.

Danni said...

Wow!! What an awesome card! Love it!

Cindy Haffner said...

What a cool idea Frances I LOVE your sweet owl.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

So cute! I love the floaties on her wings and her darling polkadotted bikini.....
She wore an
itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny
yellow polkadot bikini (sing it, Bertie!)
So cool as a stand-up card (Lord knows some of 'em just won't stand up!)