Saturday, July 18, 2009

OCC - Triple Play!

OCC - 3 Embellies

 

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

It’s OCC challenge time over on the Our Creative Corner Blog. This week our July hostess, Jenny Gropp, has challenged the OCC to a Triple Play Challenge. Less is not always More! You must pick at least 3 type of embellishments to use on your card or project. These were our choices: Brads, Eyelets, Bling, Ribbon, Buttons, Thread/Floss, Beads, Charms, Rub Ons, Liquid Applique, Crystal Lacquer.

For my card I selected a Verve sketch I found over on the Verve Member Forums of SCS to create my card. I used The Greeting Farms “ Dahlia” …. it has been too long since I have played with my stamps from TGF!

For my embellishments, if you go by the list Jenny supplied I actually have 4 not 3 so I guess I passed this challenge hehe. My embellishments are the ribbon, the brads, a button in the centre of the flower and the thread in the holes of the button. Fun challenge thanks Jenny!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the OCC Designers cards over on the OCC Blog.

Recipe:

Stamps: Dahlia – The Greeting Farm

Paper: White; Real Red, Tempting Turquoise & DP – SU;

Other: Black Ink; Label Nestabilities; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Red Brads; Button; Foam Tape; Copics

12 comments:

CraftyC said...

Sweet card Frances, love the bright colour combo and the papers match perfectly
Clairex

LorettaL said...

Frances, I love that layout! I hadn't thought of finding a sketch it the forums, and I always love the Verve sketches. Thank-you for the inspiration! Darling card there too!

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - Frances - your card is so beautiful!!! Fun, summery and soooo cute too!!! I seriously need to start inkin' my Dahlia up soon!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Jerri Kay said...

How adorable Frances, I love that stamp! Your colors are fabulous, love the bright cheery look of this design.

Jenny Gropp said...

Hey Frances -- you get extra credit for using four list items! Fun layout- love how you used the nesties as the backdrop too! Bright and full of Summer Cheer!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

What a happy card, Frances!!! Those bright and cheery colors are PERFECT for that sweet image!!!

Unknown said...

Such a fun and vibrant card! I love it!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Wonderful card Frances, LOVE the fun colors and adorable layout.

Have a wonderful weekend! Jennifer :)

Vicki G said...

Now she is sweet sweet sweet!

Cindy Haffner said...

Super sweet Frances.

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a sweet, happy card.....bright colors...great l/o

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card Frances! Love the colors and sketch.