Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hopping Around The Block!

mft-vacation-wm

Happy Wednesday everyone and welcome to my blog. It time to join the MFT Stamps “Sweet Sixteen” for another "Hop Around the Block"

Now if you didn't hop onto my blog from Jessie Rone’s blog then you might want to hop back to Kim's (MFT Lady) blog so that you can start at the beginning of the hop. You don't want to miss anything and there is lots to see!

I have a number of items to share with you today so this will be a fairly long post. All my projects today use the new stamp sets that are to be release by MFT Stamps store after the release party which starts tonight at 8pm EST over on the MFT Member Forum of SCS. BTW there are 4 new sets which will be released tonight.

Ok now onto my projects for today, first up I used the new Catch Some Rays set to create this card. I used the Mojo92 sketch challenge for the layout of my card. I also paper pieced the girls bikini using the same designer paper as that in the back panel.

mft-purrfect-duo-wm

For my 2nd project today I used the new Purrfect Treats Label set … this is perfect to create gifts for our furry friends but also great to use for people. As you can see in my pic I added chocolates to my jar to give as a gift to a cat lover.

mft-purrfect-jar-wmHere is a close up of my jar, I colored the mice to match my designer paper. The jar is part of MFT Stamps “Perfect Packaging” range, and is perfect for so many gift giving ideas.

mft-purrfect-jar2-wm

You can see a close up of my lid here.

purrfect-card-wmI also wanted to create a card using this set so grabbed my sizzix movers & shakers die to create my base card. The cat is perfect to go inside the window of this card.

Purrfect-card-in-wm And here is the inside of my card. The cat is stamped on scrap white card and then attached to the inside of the card using foam tape.

Now it is time to head on over to the amazing Amy's Blog so you can continue on your Hop Around The Block. Enjoy the rest of the hop and thanks for dropping by!

Recipe:

Stamps: Catch Some Rays & Purrfect Treats Label – MFT Stamps

Paper: White; Riding Hood Red, Elegant Eggplant, Summer Sun, Certainly Celery & Regal Rose – SU; Mouse DP – SEI; Other DP – Cosmos Cricket

Other: Black Ink; Tangerine Tango & Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon; Long Rectangle Nestabilities; Valentine Heart Border Punch; Sizzix Movers & Shakers Die; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Foam Tape; Copics

25 comments:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Oh my, what a purrrrrfectly cute set! I love the paper pieced bathing suit and umbrella on the top card, too. These are terrific!

Jessie/knightrone said...

How adorably CUTE!! Love it all!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin your project Frances, super cool!!

Barbara said...

I love the bright colors on WTG, Frances, and the kitties are just adorable!

Christina Fischer said...

Oh, these are great, Frances! :)

Janis Lewis said...

You've been busy. Everything looks great.

Carolyn King said...

ADORABLE jar and i love the fun colors of that first card and the sweet kitty peeking out of the second!

Gail said...

Fun Vacation card! Love the pattern and colors. Love the peek-a-boo cat too!

Tracey said...

Incredible work Frances!

Melody said...

Love your projects!

Kelli Hull said...

Both hoppin peeks are great Frances.... the bright colors of the card are SOOO Summery!!!!

Chrissy's Creations said...

Fabulous cards and Oh I love the cat projects, too cute!

JessicaK said...

I [[heart]] the cat gift set. And now I'm craving those Rocher chocos too. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Cool summer card. Cool cats. Cool chocolates. from cool Annie

Teresa said...

Again a great color choice. So talented.

Karen said...

gorgeous colors! Love this!

Vicki G said...

What a sweet set!!!!


Vicki

Michele Boyer said...

These are all wonderful, Frances! I especially like the little kitty in the window!

Ramsey said...

OMGosh! I love that card! So bright and fun - just like summer! Those treats are too cute as well!

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute! I love the bright colors! :)

Erika M. said...

Totally love your projects!

Janet W said...

You've got some beautiful colors going on, Frances. All of your projects are very sweet.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Dee-licious, Frances!

Anonymous said...

Hi Frances! Your cards are beutifullll! I just love the window you creeated for the kitty, so clever! ps, I was hopping at work today and again, IE would not open your blog...I was asking around and they said it was just a bad connection and voila...no problem at home tonight. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Amy Sheffer said...

Great projects, Frances! Love the bright colors on the first one, and the kitty ensemble is fabulous! The window on the card is a great idea!