Saturday, July 4, 2009

Play Ball!

occ-play-ball-wm

Hello everyone & Happy 4th July to my American Friends

It’s OCC challenge time over on the Our Creative Corner Blog. This week the challenge is a color challenge, we were to use the colors red, white and blue to create our cards (this is such a popular color combo at this time of year … wonder why hehe!)

I found this fun digital designer paper from Gina K Designs … I had to play around with my colors to get the blue paper the color I wanted as it was coming out way to dark on my printer … probably something to do with my printer. I know I will be using this designer a lot more in the future. You can find this designer over on the Gina K Designs Stamp TV site here. And even better is that it is free!!!!! Don’t you just love free stuff!

I thought these colors would go great with The Greeting Farm’s Quarterback Ian … I have stamped him twice, the second one I cut out and mounted over the top of the main image panel. The sentiment was created using the JustRite Stampers alphabet. I also used my inverted scallop circle nestabilities to create the bottom layer of my circle.

The layout used here is the Mojo89 sketch challenge from a few weeks back.

occ-play-ball-in-wmHere is the inside of my card. The sentiment was created using my computer. I used my new EK Success wave dot border punch to create the border above the red striped designer paper. This is one of my new fav border punches … notice I said one of … cause I like so many of them hehe!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the OCC Designers cards over on the OCC Blog.

Recipe:

Stamps: Quarterback Ian – The Greeting Farm

Paper: White; Brilliant Blue, Riding Hood Red – SU; Digital DP – Gina K

Other: Black Ink; Circle & Inverted Scallop Circle Nestabilities; Wave Dot Border Punch; Red Brads; Foam Tape; Copics

13 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cute card - Frances!!! I love this sweet little Ian image :)!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Cindy Haffner said...

Ian is so darling, love your papers!!!

LorettaL said...

Get outta here!! He's fabulous, Frances!!!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

He is just way too much fin and how perfect is that sentiment!!! LOVE it Frances!!!

Vicki G said...

You're card is darn cute! Thanks for loading mine for me!

Vicki

Gabriela said...

Oh Frances I love your patriotic card (and thank you). I adore the way you trimmed the inside of the card. Those red and white stripes just sing to me. Thanks so much!

shulsart said...

How cute is this? Love the stripes and the dots, great use of patterns and the little boy is adorable.

Anonymous said...

This is ADORABLE!! You are so talented:) May I ask how you create the mirror image of your card? My email is: marcee@canby.com.
THANKS!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

bold and dramatic and oh so cute

Danni said...

This is wonderful!!

Tracey said...

This is a fabulous card Frances!

Jennifer Meyer said...

SUPER cute card Frances, but aren't they all! Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Jenny Gropp said...

So Cute!!!!