Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Falling For You!

PP-falling-for-you-wm

Hi again everyone.

I am back again today with my Pretties Wednesday challenge card.

Two weeks ago Charmaine Ikach challenge the Prettie Girls to use a random item in your house or yard and create a background. Huh?! For example take a piece of bubble wrap, get it inky and then stamp it on a piece of cardstock... it is soooo fun! Or use a leaf as a mask and ink around it. Other items you could use are: saran wrap, bottle caps or tin cans (make some circles), twigs, screen mesh and so forth...

As I wanted to use Fall Sophia for my card today, I decided to use Charmaine’s idea of using leaves for my background of my card. I grabbed some leaves from outside and attached them randomly over my white card using removable tape and then I used my copic airbrush to spray various fall colors all over my card. Once I had applied all my colors I removed the leaves and sprayed a light color over all my card so that the leave areas were no longer white. I cut this card down to create the small rectangle under my image and also the strip that my sentiment is stamped on.

To create the background on my base card I used a fiskars texture plate and then sponged over the raised areas with tangerine tango ink.

Don't forget to check out the other Design Teams blogs to see there creations this week.

Recipe:

Stamps: Fall Sophia – Paper Pretties

Paper: White; Kraft & Tangerine Tango – SU

Other: Black Ink; Long Rectangle Nestabilities; Fiskars Texture Plate; Foam Tape; Copic Airbrush System; Copics

14 comments:

Norine said...

what a cute card love how you did the backgd and also the texture all comes together so nice great job
Hugs
Norine

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty, love all the texture Frances!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty card Frances! Love the inked textured BG and the wonderful color combo.

Unknown said...

Fabulous Frances!! The leaves are such a great touch! :)

Christi Flores said...

Wow! This is wonderful!!!

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Frances!! Love this cutie little Sophia!

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Frances and I just love the sentiment
Clairex

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMG...that background is fabulous

Danni said...

What a wonderful job you did on this! Love it!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Stunning bg Hoots!! Love what you did with this technique!! What a gorgeous dreamy card!!

Anonymous said...

I love the different textures on this card and the colours are fabulous. Annie

Jodi Collins said...

Totally FABULOUS Frances! LOVE the effect the leaves gave!! Awesome card!

Jackie said...

Love what you did with the leaves to create this background, amazing!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Your background is fabulous!! Love it!!