Monday, July 20, 2009

Eat More Cake!

PE---Dustin-Pike-Cake-wm

Hi again!

I am back again today, this time with my card for this week’s Pink Elephant challenge. This week the challenge was an Animal Theme using digi stamps and the design team were also using digital stamps from Dustin Pike.

I just love these cute Monkeys with the cupcakes …. CupeeCake Monkey & All Done. There is actually another one in this series called Half Way but I didn’t use that for my card today.

The layout of my card is based on the Weekend Sketch Challenge WSC88 … not sure I got it exactly right but it worked for me anyway.

PE---Dustin-Pike-Cake-in-wm Here is the inside of my card … I just had to include the “All Done” Monkey inside …. isn’t he darling!!!!!!!! While I was searching through my stash of cupcake sentiments I came across this one from The Cat’s Pajama which I thought worked perfectly with these images …. in case you can’t read it, it says: “Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake!”  hehe such fun!

Don’t forget to check out the Pink Elephant blog to see what the rest of the design team came up with this week.

Recipe:

Stamps: CupeeCake Monkey & All Done – Dustin Pike; Happy Birthday Sentiment – JustRite Stamps; Eat More Cake Sentiment – The Cat’s Pajama

Paper: White; Real Red, Baja Blue – SU; DP – Kaiser Crafts

Other: Black Ink; Circle Punches; Scallop Circle Punch; Valentine Heart Border Punch; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Red & Blue Buttons;  Foam Tape; Copics

13 comments:

Danni said...

This is darling! I just love the inside!! Fun!

Tracey said...

This is an adorable card Frances! I just love that All Done image inside!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Cool,love your card.

Rene Sharp said...

This card is just adorable. I love what you did inside. I always leave my cards plain inside, but you have inspired me to try and pretty it up on the inside too. Thanks!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

This is just way too cute! What a fun surprise on the inside!

Robin said...

This is so cute Frances!! The inside made me LOL!!!!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

How delightful and fun, Hootsie! I love how you finished off the inside, too.

Trudi said...

Fantastic Frances! Those stamps are so fun and the inside of your card is just too cute!

Sheri Gilson said...

Frances, this card is so cute!!! I love the great color combo you used and the Monkey image is adorable. Love the sentiment you paired it with. Great job.

Carol said...

Gorgeous Frances and i love the inside too! Just perfect :)

hugs
Carol x

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabulous....esp. love that inner sentiment...lol

Unknown said...

LOL! So cute, Frances!!! Love the colors you used!

Anonymous said...

Loved the card. Outside and In. Annie