Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pretties Wednesday – Moving!

pp-moving-van-1-wm

Hi everyone,

I have another Pretties Wednesday challenge for you today. Two week’s ago it was Jana Weaver turn to issue the challenge. Since she and many other Prettie Girls are either in the process of moving or just moved she decided that we all make moving cards. We could take that any way we wanted to!!

I am just glad it isn’t me that is moving, it was bad enough when we moved this this house over 25 years ago … back then the guy who purchased the house we sold was a removalist and he said at the time he was glad he wasn’t having to move us as we had soooo much stuff to move. Well as I said that was over 25 years ago and I know we have even more stuff now and back then I didn’t even stamp arghhhhhhhhh!

Anyway back to the challenge, as you can see I didn’t make a card. When I read this challenge I remembered that I had seen some fun trucks in blog land recently and that Paper Craft’s Planet also held a 3D challenge using the truck template recently … you can see the challenge here. If you want the template you will find it in that challenge thread.

My truck is actually a box …. if I wanted to I could put some sort of present inside it to give to someone who was moving.

pp-moving-van-2-wm I combined two sets to create my project, Home Sweet Home and Right On Par, the guy in this set work well to sit inside the truck. He must be moving my friends in the US or Canada cause he is sitting on the wrong side of the truck to be driving down here hehe!

pp-moving-van-3-wm The word “Movers” that is underneath the parcels on the sides of the truck came from the moving truck included in this set.

Don't forget to check out the other Design Teams blogs to see there creations this week.

Recipe:

Stamps: Home Sweet Home & Right on Par – Paper Pretties

Paper: White; Black; Baja Breeze – SU

Other: Black Ink; Baja Breeze SU Ink; Silver Brads; Gem Brads; Circle Punch; Key Tag Punch; Foam Tape; Copics

16 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my Frances how cute is this!!! Fab work.

LORi said...

Loved reading your post Frances!! I know exactly what you mean about having lots of stuff (not even counting the Stamp Stuff) Whew!! It makes me a bit panicky if I let myself think on it too long!!

Your little project is so darn cute!!! Great work from you as always!!

Kimberly said...

This is perfect!!! Love the boxes on the side and how you did the grill!

Christi Flores said...

OMG Frances this is PERFECT!!

Jana Weaver said...

OMG!! This is so clever Frances...I love it! Of course...this move is an easy one for us since our last 2 were international. We've already reduced down to the bare minimum (which for a stamper is quite a lot!)

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMGOSH FRANCES!!! Ok, this tops them all! LOL! This is ADORABLE and so, so clever. Love how you put the Dad in the front of the truck-that is adorable! you totally rocked this whole challenge, woman!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is OUT OF THIS WORLD Frances! You are SO clever and this is just AWESOME in every possible way!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Frances, this is ADORABLE! I LOVE this. . .what a great idea!

Danielle L. said...

Get out of here!!! That is so fancy fabulous Frances!!! LOVE THE TRUCK!

Jessie/knightrone said...

THUD!!!!

Unknown said...

How fabulous is that??!!! GREAT GREAT job with this challenge Frances!! :)

Tracey said...

This is just too cute Frances! Love it!

Jackie said...

This is just TOO cute! Love it!

Vicki G said...

This is totally totally Scrumptious!!!! WAY WAY WAY cute!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is just the cutest evah!!!

Anonymous said...

what an imagination you have. Annie